Get the Representation You Deserve!
Divorce Lawyer in Kenosha, WI
Divorce Attorneys in Kenosha, WI
When a marriage is over, accepting the idea of divorce can bring feelings of despair and uncertainty. Whether you are the petitioner seeking to end the marriage or the respondent being served divorce papers, understanding the legal steps ahead can be beneficial in planning for the future. The Kenosha divorce lawyers at Rizzo & Diersen, S.C. have years of experience helping clients with divorce and we can help you as well.
Two types of divorce can be filed in the Wisconsin court system:
- Joint Petition – In this type of divorce, the petitioner and the respondent agree on property division, custody arrangements and alimony, and can include other aspects as well.
- Contested Petition – When only one spouse wants the divorce, or issues are not agreed upon, a contested petition is the format to be filed.
Most divorce cases will first enter into an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) as a method to help spouses reach a consensus on divorce issues. Throughout this process, your Rizzo & Diersen divorce lawyer will be with you every step of the way, acting in your best interest and adhering to your wishes. It is in the interest of both parties involved to enter alternative dispute resolution as this can save both time and money in the long-run. The common types of ADR in Wisconsin are:
- Arbitration – A neutral third party, often a judge, will listen to both sides and then decide on the outcome. Spouses then have the option of accepting the decision as legally binding or can choose to only accept the decision as a recommendation, often resulting in a trial.
- Mediation – In this form of ADR, a neutral third party will help spouses to communicate productively to reach agreements on divorce issues.
- Collaborative Divorce – When a couple chooses this form of ADR, each party enlists his or her attorney. Both parties must agree to avoid a trial.
Common Divorce Issues:
- Distribution of Property
- Child Custody
- Child Visitation
- Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Division of Debt
Choosing a Divorce Lawyer
If you or your loved one is seeking a divorce or has recently been served with divorce papers, it is important that you have an aggressive, experienced legal representation by your side. At The Law Offices of Rizzo & Diersen, S.C., we offer skilled counsel to individuals and their families that have reached the point where divorce seems to be the only option. When you hire our law office, you work with a responsive, dedicated, and compassionate group of attorneys who understand your situation and will diligently fight on your behalf. We take a client-oriented, personalized approach, working closely with clients at every step and keeping them informed throughout the process while ensuring that their rights are protected at all times. Contact us today to discuss your situation! You’ll be glad that you did.